Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Happy Holidays!

Merry Christmas everyone! This year I biked to some waterfalls by my site and spent the day with a few friends. It was beautiful there and really nice being around all that nature. It wasn't Christmas like we have in the states, but definitely a great way to spend the holiday. Then it was back to the village until the beginning of January when I started my vacation. We were going to Livingstone, on the other end of the country. The first day I traveled to Mpika (took about 6 hours). Then the next day we traveled from Mpika to Lusaka (about 8 hours) and stayed the night. The 3rd day we finally reached Livingstone! After another short 8 hour drive.

We were there for about a week and had a blast! We went on safari and saw all kinds of animals. We saw hippos, lions, red lechwe, dung beetles, the fish eagle, lions, elephants, giraffes, and much much more. One of the most exciting things that I saw was an elephant chase after some lion cubs.





We spent a day at Victoria Falls, went to the market a few times, and went to High Tea at the Royal Livingstone. High tea is a really fancy hotel and at high tea they serve all kinds of fancy pastries, cakes, tea sandwiches, quiches, and puddings. I couldn't get enough good food!



The week was over way too fast and then we began the long trip back up north. On the way back we spent a few days in Lusaka (the capital) and I finally got new glasses and my work permit.

No comments:

Post a Comment