Thursday, June 5, 2014

Misengo's Agriculture Show

Yesterday I participated in Misengo's second Agriculture Show. It was actually a lot of fun! I spent literally the day before the show with a local women's group cooking and baking a variety of foods. They wanted to enter the competition. First prize 75 kwacha. 

I had my own booth. I taught several simple appropriate technologies. All of which are extremely simple to do and cost little to no money. I demonstrated how to generate chlorine, solar disinfection (leaving water in the sun for 6 hours in a clear plastic bottle and it's safe to drink), using ash as an alternative to soap to wash your hands, a homemade level, and of course a condom demonstration. My booth had a lot of visitors and I really hope that a few of them will incorporate my teachings into their daily lives.  

No comments:

Post a Comment