Wednesday, October 3, 2012

'Cause I'm Leavin' on a Jet Plane

Two days to go then I'm on my way again...back to Zambia. Back to a life of bugs, boredom, and bucket bathing. Goodbye America, I will miss your washing machines and your potable drinking water. This is my second try at Peace Corps Zambia. Last year I spent six months there until I was unexpectedly sent back to America. Lesson learned about the dangers of traffic. So I've spent the last seven months healing up and now I'm ready to go back. Seriously, I'm ready... my bags are packed and everything... This time I'll have a new village in a different province so, I'll have to learn a new language. I'm going to the Northern Province and don't know anything about my new site, but I'm excited to find out. I'll still be working as a CHIP (Community Health Improvement Project) volunteer but until I spend some time in my village I won't know exactly what I'll be working on but it will be related to health in some form or fashion. I'm excited. America you've given me some good times this summer; but the time has come to go to Zambia, and see where my life takes me.

No comments:

Post a Comment