Saturday, February 1, 2014

G.L.O.W.

Today (Tuesday) was my first meeting of Misengo Basic School's G.L.O.W. Club. Things went pretty well. Next week's meeting will be better.

The club is supposed to meet every Thursday. I found out about the Tuesday-Thursday switch 2 hours before the meeting was supposed to take place. After finishing my work at the clinic I rushed home and prepared in an hour. Just in time for the rain to start pouring. I showed up wet and disheveled, but excited none-the-less.  

My co-facilitator stayed a few minutes then had to teach another class. I was not expecting not to have a translator. I fumbled through my lesson in broken Bemba then I resorted to singing songs. I think the girls had fun. They were really shy. Even to sing songs. I can't wait until we all feel comfortable and start to have fun. 

1 comment:

  1. Heidi, you are a beautiful soul and I am proud of the woman you are. You are deep in my soul. I love you very much! xoxo

    ReplyDelete